Removing water from a carpet can be tricky, especially if you aren’t used to dealing with flood situations on your property and the special needs of carpet water extraction. Without the aid of a professional service provider, you may find yourself forced to discard underpadding or the entire carpet, adding possible avoidable losses and expenses to your property. Our technicians are experts in loss prevention and have the necessary tools and technologies available to thoroughly clean and dry out your carpets.
Causes of Wet Carpet Damage
In most cases, wet carpets are usually the result of a water damage occurrence. However, the type of flood water involved is going to have a huge impact on the integrity of your carpet as well as the type of carpet cleaning services required.
Sanitary Flooding (A.K.A Clean Water)
This type of water comes from benign sources such as rainwater or a burst pipe. In most cases, carpet damage from sanitary flooding can be reversed if prompt and decisive action is taken; that is, to contact a professional water damage company to begin the water extraction process.
Unsanitary Flooding (A.K.A Grey Water)
Any water that may have certain elements of contamination is considered unsanitary. Common sources include dishwasher or toilet overflows, punctured waterbeds, or any water where there is reason to believe bio-pollutants may be present. Carpets subject to water damage from unsanitary flooding may still be saved if the correct disinfecting and cleaning steps are taken, depending on how much time has passed and the severity of the damage, it may be safer to dispose of them.
Any water that contains raw sewage, such as from a sewer backup, is considered black water and is the most contaminated form of floodwater. Regrettably, carpets damaged by black water will need to be thrown out since the potential health risk outweighs any salvageable condition it may be in. Besides, if your carpet has been sitting in and absorbing raw sewage, do you really want to get it back?
Our Wet Carpet Drying Process
The carpet cleaning methods that Flood Services Canada uses to clean and dry wet carpets will vary slightly based on the circumstances at each individual job site. However, the following describes the cleaning and restoring process usually involved:
- Inspect carpets to see if it is in salvageable condition (no black water infiltration, etc.) and if the entire carpet or only a portion can be saved.
- Extracting water from the carpets using either portable or truck-mounted extraction units.
- Installing drying equipment i.e., air movers and dehumidifiers to thoroughly dry out the carpets.
- Depending on risk of mould or bacterial growth, the necessary disinfectant treatments will be used.
Why Choose Flood Services Canada’s Wet Carpet Drying Service?
- We are fully certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC).
- We are fully experienced in carpet cleaning, repair, and installation techniques and can perform many associated challenges (i.e., moving furniture around) with ease.
- A successful carpet restoration and wet carpet cleaning service can potentially save you thousands of dollars on your insurance claim.
- We have rapid response teams strategically placed around the GTA so that they can provide quick response.
Contact us at (416) 302-2107 for more information about our wet carpet drying and restoration services in Toronto, or use our emergency hotline at (416)-999-3930 to get our rapid response teams deployed to your location in Toronto, Mississauga or Burlington.