Whether you’re looking for emergency water damage services, specialty cleaning or post-emergency repairs, we’re here to help 24/7
1 Hour Response Time
Direct Insurance Billing
20+ Years of Experience
Under/Non-Insured Discounts Available
Whether you’re looking for restoration, cleaning or construction services, we’re Here to Help 24/7
REQUEST FREE QUOTE
Odour Control and Removal
The goal of any remediation and restoration effort is to get your property back into its pre-damaged condition. This means not only treating any water, smoke, or fire damage but also performing odour control and removal services. Even if your home is confirmed to be structurally sound, clean, and safe following remediation, unpleasant odours can linger and be a great source of annoyance. Flood Services Canada understands this and includes odour removal services in its Toronto-area projects so that homeowners can rely on them to remove smoke smells and perform other air-cleaning services.
Common Causes of Household Odours
When recovering from a water, smoke, or fire damage situation, lingering odours are usually the result of one of the following:
- Mildew, a type of growth related to mould
- Actual mould
- Smoke particles that have clung to various surfaces
- Cigarette and tobacco odours
- Damaged building elements or pieces of property that are giving off a smell despite having been dried
- Pet odours or urine
- Lingering, but not dangerous, particles from a sewage backup
Our Odour Control Techniques
Flood Services Canada technicians are trained in a number of different odour control approaches that enables them to tackle even the most stubborn smells.
- Wet Fogging: This is a controlled method of applying disinfectant and deodorizing solutions. Wet fogging is usable on all surfaces and furnishings and is performed in order to target specific areas or items that are giving off a smell.
- Thermal Fogging: One of the issues with smoke is that it can travel into hard to reach or otherwise distant places and leave residue that our noses find offensive. Thermal fogging is a fog-like spray that recreates smoke patterns. The deodorizing solution will follow the same path that the smoke did and reach the same locations to ensure proper smoke odour removal.
- Air Scrubbers: An air scrubber is a portable filtration system that can be set up in any given room of your property. The scrubber will draw in air and trap various particles, gasses, or chemicals within the environment and release an improved quality of air.
- Activated Charcoal: Activated charcoal is very good at absorbing various chemicals and gasses and is comparable to an open box of baking soda in your fridge. It captures odours associated with sewage but is primarily used on fire remediation jobs where there is substantial smoke and soot residue.
Areas We Serve
At Flood Services Canada, we serve the Toronto, Brampton, Bolton, Georgina, Vaughan, Woodbridge, Mississauga, and Lakeshore areas. We stand ready to provide 24/7 quick-response remediation services and will use the best techniques, personnel, and technology to ensure your home or business is clean, safe, dry, and odour-free as soon as possible.
Pack Out and Storage Services
In the event of a flood or sewage back up, it is not only the home or building itself that can suffer extensive damage. It is the damage to your personal belongings that can be at times devastating. Our aim is to salvage as much of your personal belongings as possible ranging from your electronic equipment to your important documents. This is another important part to completing the restoration process.
If you your belongings have been water damaged or have been affected by a sewage backup, please do not throw anything out! Just because it looks like it may be unsalvageable, doesn’t mean it is. Let our Flood Services Canada professionals assess the situation and determine whether restoration is possible.
Whenever any home, business or commercial site has suffered any water or fire related disaster, it is vital to respond, and complete the pack-out and any moving & storing in a timely manner for three very important reasons:
1. It will minimize the extent of your property loss by reducing the chance of subsequent damage. The longer the exposure to water, the greater will be the loss.
2. It will allow your insurance company and Flood Services Canada IICRC technicians to determine what and if any, additional services are necessary.
3. It will speed up the repairs to the areas affected by water damage without risk of content damage during the restoration phase.
Our IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) trained and certified Technicians have completed hundreds of pack outs and are experienced in every kind of Water Damage that can possibly occur. We will handle your items with extreme care, pack them and then move them to a secured, climate-controlled warehouse for safe storage. Organized storage of your personal items in such a facility also mitigates any further damage to your personal items and relieves you of these overwhelming tasks. It is at this storage facility that we will begin the contents claim inventory process. We will store your personal belongings for the entire duration of the restoration and repair.
Document Drying and Restoration
Many times, some personal items affected by water and flood damage will include important paper-based documents such as books, photos, certificates, credentials, identification and passports as well as other various legal forms. Every document recovery situation is unique. Many times, you can actually cause additional damage by moving wet papers that may disintegrate unless they are handled by trained professionals. Knowing how to handle and store wet documents is crucial to successfully recovering them.
Flood Services Canada provides effective document drying services in Toronto, Burlington, Mississauga, and surrounding areas. Our IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) technicians are well trained in various techniques such as freeze-drying, document drying and restoration service that can salvage many important documents.
Why You Need Content Claims Inventory Services
In addition to providing third-party verification of your damaged property, a content claims inventory service (CCIS) is a key part of the remediation process. Part of content restoration is the pack-out, the step where our professionals carefully transport affected items to our own facilities. This allows for the meticulous documentation, organization, photographing, and storage of your items in the appropriate environment.
Housing your property off-site does more than protect it from further damage while the remediation and restoration is ongoing. It allows for the more careful determination of which items can be restored or salvaged through various techniques and equipment, not all of which can be easily brought to a work site. The organized storage also lets you quickly retrieve any item for inspection or use.
Why You Should Choose Our Content Claims Inventory Services
At Flood Services Canada, our technicians are certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and experienced in all aspects of remediation, including the careful handling and transport of affected items. We are qualified to coordinate damage assessments with your insurance company and provide accurate reporting to ensure you get your payments as soon as possible. Our pack-out professionals take great care when handling your property and will do their utmost to ensure anything that can be saved, will be saved.
Areas We Serve
Flood Services Canada provides content claims inventory services to the Toronto, Oakville, Ajax, Whitby, Georgina, Barrie, Mississauga, and Lakeshore areas as part of our quick-response remediation services. We stand ready 24/7 to provide the best techniques, personnel, and technology to ensure your home or business is clean, safe, dry, and documented as soon as possible.
Need Flood Restoration Services?
Call us Now and help will be on the way!
What Customers Are Saying
We are very fortunate to have formed excellent partnerships with many of our clients. And we’ve formed more than just working relationships with them; we have formed true friendships. Here’s what they’re saying about us.
Years Of Experience
WE NOW OFFER FINANCING OPTIONS
We are well rounded in all aspects of safety and local code requirements with regard to the flood and construction sector
WE WORK WITH ALL INSURANCE COMPANIES