Thermal imaging provides instant verification and moisture detection through a non-destructive process that can find moisture even behind a dry surface or hard-to-reach area. This provides the ability to target problem areas and avoid unnecessary costs and inconvenience.
How Our Thermal Imaging Process Works
No matter how hidden, moisture and dampness are always colder than dry areas. A thermal camera detects the heat emanating from anything it is pointed at. The brighter the image, the more heat that is present. By examining your walls or floors with this camera, technicians will notice any abnormal dark (i.e., colder) patches that indicate the presence of moisture.
Here at Flood Services Canada, we have all the required monitoring instruments that can detect moisture, even if it is located behind walls or under floors. We will test the moisture levels in your carpet, floors, walls, and ceilings—everywhere. Only after adequate testing with sensitive instruments can you be sure that your home is thoroughly dried out and safe from potential buildup of mould and mildew.
Moisture Detection Equipment We Use
- Penetrating and non-penetrating meters
- Moisture detectors
- Infrared (thermal) cameras
All of these tools can measure the extent of moisture saturation and humidity content. Infrared cameras may be used to identify the water location and the path of water migration for thorough removal and detection of the source or point of entry.
Reasons You Should Consider Thermal Imaging
- Hidden patches of moisture and dampness can wear away the interior of your walls and floors and contribute to later structural problems
- Bacteria and mould thrive in water and even small patches of moisture can become breeding grounds for them if left unaddressed
- The thermal imaging process is fast, accurate, causes no more damage than a standard video camera, and can detect moisture hiding within even seemingly dry areas of your property
Our Thermal Imaging and Moisture Detection Services
At Flood Services Canada, we serve the Toronto, Oakville, Ajax, Whitby, Georgina, Barrie, Mississauga, and Lakeshore areas. We stand ready to provide 24/7 quick-response remediation services and will use the best techniques, personnel, and thermal imaging technology to ensure your home or business is clean, safe, and moisture-free as soon as possible.
Contact us at 416-302-2107 to learn more about thermal imaging and moisture detection, or use our emergency hotline at 416-999-3930 to get our rapid-response teams deployed to your area.